Our Social Media Mission Statement and Policies
We have created our Cypress View Veterinary social media to be an informative, fun space to share relevant information with the community of Medicine Hat and area’s pet owners and veterinary care professionals. We encourage our social followers to react, make comments, share photos and posts on our content and spaces that contribute to topical conversation, healthy debate or acquiring more information.
Please be respectful of the entire community by complying with the terms and policies of social media sites as well as our additional policies below. We ask that you not post comments, pictures or other content that:
– Attack or discriminate against other users, pets or breeds of pets
– Contain expletives, including curse words and foul language
– Contain inflammatory religious or political content
– Is hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous
– Promotes bigotry, racism, sexism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age
– Reference or link to a for-profit third party page or website or a 3rd party site that may be harmful or not beneficial to the community
– Violates or infringes upon the copyrights, trademarks, or privacy, property, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity
– Include pictures or videos that depict pets in an inappropriate fashion, appear to be jeopardizing the safety of pets or placing them in an uncomfortable position
– Contain language or pictures that contain nudity, are sexually explicit, lewd, obscene, and/or potentially offensive to the intended community
– Solicit community members for businesses, organizations or support unrelated and/or not relevant to the celebration and/or welfare of pet and their pet parents or solicits repetitively – i.e. “spam.”
– Promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous
– Is unlawful or in violation of any law
– Is otherwise, in our sole discretion, inappropriate for the forum.
We reserves the right to remove or hide comments that do not abide by this policy. If an individual egregiously or repeatedly violates this policy, that user may be blocked from our social channels in the future. We may choose to hide comments without notifying the user. If we choose to delete a comment, we will follow up with the user in a private message to explain why we chose to do so. We claim no liability in any way connected to the use of, access or postings by community members to the Cypress View Vet Clinic social page. We may, in our sole discretion, choose to post in our own name corrections, additional facts or clarifications of inaccurate information contained in posts.
As a veterinary clinic that operates under the Alberta Veterinary Medical Association we are required to follow the “Marketing Activity Guidelines” in regards to what we are and are not allowed to post publicly. Some of those topics include promotional activities, fee sharing, claims of professional superiority, advertisement of services or product availability and allowable verbiage. We may be required to answer some user’s inquiries through private message. Those guidelines can be found here: http://abvma.in1touch.org/uploaded/web/Marketing%20Activity%20Guideline%20FEBRUARY%2026%202017.pdf
Information individuals share with the community on or through social platforms, including, but not limited to: comments, wall posts, by “Liking” the Cypress View Veterinary Clinic page, or by “Liking” any social object maintained by Cypress View Veterinary Clinic, may be re-posted on or through the platforms by the Cypress View Veterinary Clinic social team in accordance with the provider’s Terms & Conditions and may be used by Cypress View Veterinary Clinic for promotional purposes.